Day 1 / BUCHAREST ARRIVAL
Meet your guide at the airport in Bucharest and transfer to the GRAND CONTINENTAL HOTEL 5*
Enjoy some leisure time at the hotel and dinner on your own, for which we have a very nice recommendation:
the oldest surviving restaurant in Bucharest: CARU’ CU BERE (The Beer Wagon), which offers also different shows each night (reservations upon request).
The restaurant was established in 1879 in Calea Victoriei Street by Ion Carabasanu, a former Romanian army volunteer, coming from Transylvania. The building and the establishment became famous in the commercial field of Bucharest, at the beginning of the 1900’s, when the owner, received the military decorations of the Order of the Romanian Crown and of the Order of the Star of Romania. Today, the restaurant is as loved as it was when it first opened. The restaurant is a relaxing 10 minutes’ walk from and to the hotel.
Meal plan: no meals included on this day
Day 2 / BUCHAREST – TARGOVISTE - SINAIA
Breakfast at the hotel. Today you will head to the city of Sinaia, the pearl of the Carpathians and on your way you will visit the Royal Court of the Muntenia region, situated in the city of Targoviste.
Built between the 15-17th century this is the place from where the country was ruled at that time, and it is maybe the most representative example of Romanian art and architecture, as the monuments here, contain innovative elements which influenced the development of the architectonics, at that time, in Romania. One of the most impressive monuments still standing, is the Chindia Tower. Built with a clear military purpose during Vlad the Impaler’s rule, the tower had different purposes over the ages, like storing the state treasury or serving as guard point. From the beginning of last century, as the city lost its importance, people used it as a fire spotting point, since it was the tallest building in the area. Nowadays, it is hosting a small museum and different exhibitions.
Lunch on your own.
After lunch we continue on to Sinaia, where upon your arrival and check-in at IOANA HOTEL 5* , you will have time to relax.
Meal plan: Breakfast
Day 3 / SINAIA – BRASOV
In the morning after serving a delicious breakfast at the hotel you will visit the Peles Castle.
During summer, the city is teeming with mountaineers and nature lovers that are coming from all corners of Romania to Sinaia - the gateway to the Bucegi Mountains. Two cable cars are taking tourists up from the city to an impressive altitude of 2000 meters, where you can either enjoy the best ski slopes, or simply take in the greatness of nature and all the beauty of the panoramic views.
From the heart of the Sinaia resort, a trail is leading up to the impressive Peles Castle - a visit that you will definitely remember.
Majestically perched on a hilltop and a landmark of Romania, this particular castle is a daily reminder of the glorious Royal past of the country. It took over 40 years and hundreds of builders and artists to create this masterpiece that can still be admired today, wonderfully preserved like it once was, as there is not even a single piece of furniture or decoration missing. Built to serve the purpose of a summer residence for the royal family, Peles is full of items such as Murano glass, furniture carved out of walnut wood, silk rugs and polished marble. One of the most appreciated rooms of the palace is the so called Oriental Room where we can still see today, the collection of weapons of the king. Lunch on your own.
After this exquisite visit you can serve lunch in a very traditional way at the restaurant CUTITUL DE ARGINT– (The silver knife) where the meat is served pierced on a sword, or you can simply breathe in the clean air of Sinaia.
Continue towards Brasov where you will have a short pedestrian tour.
The city is nestled between the peaks of the Carpathian Mountains and boasts an impressive mix of gothic, baroque and renaissance architecture. It was founded in 1211, by the Teutonic Knights, later on settled by the Saxons, that turned it into a walled citadel and developed it to become one of the richest towns in Transylvania.
After the tour you will check in at the ARO PALACE 5* hotel.
Meal plan: Breakfast
Day 4 / BRASOV - SIGHISOARA - SASCHIZ - BRAN - BRASOV
Breakfast at the hotel. In the morning you will depart from the hotel and start your journey towards the heart of Transylvania county. Your first stop will be in Sighisoara, the UNESCO recognized medieval citadel where you will enjoy a charming pedestrian tour. Visit to the Clock Tower and some free time in the heart of the citadel, where narrow alleys full with souvenirs welcome guests from all over the world. Here you will meet the story of Count Dracula as it is said that Sighisoara is the birthplace of Vlad the Impaler.
During the 14th and up to the 16th Century, the city was a military and political stronghold. The Saxons who were ruling the city at that time, erected fourteen towers and five artillery bastions around the city walls in order to protect it from the Turkish raids and to store ammunition and supplies. Nowadays, only nine towers and two bastions are still standing.
Lunch on your own. After lunch you will leave towards Bran and make a first stop in Saschiz for a delicious tasting of gems and marmalades, organized in a local – rural house.
Arriving in Bran you will visit one of the most iconic castles of Romania, known as Dracula’s Castle - Bran. Bram Stoker’s character Dracula blends perfectly with the image of Vlad the Impaler, a very cruel Romanian Prince that lived in a castle located high above a valley, perched on a rock with a flowing river below, in the Principality of Transylvania. This description matches in the smallest detail, the one of Bran Castle, a fortress built in the year 1211 by the Teutonic Knights – a catholic religious order.
Late in the afternoon you will arrive back to Brasov.
Meal plan: Breakfast
Day 5 / BRASOV - BUCHAREST
Breakfast at the hotel. Today you will return to Bucharest and dedicate the second part of the day to explore the capital city of Romania- Bucharest.
Your day will start with a panoramic tour and continue with the visit to the biggest administrative building in the world The Palace of Parliament.
Built by the former communist ruler Nicolae Ceausescu as part of his ambitious urban development, this building stands for one of the most extravagant and expensive constructions made in the last century.
After the visit you will be transferred back to the hotel where you will enjoy free time before the departure or you can chose to explore on your own the city.
Meal plan: Breakfast
Day 6 / BUCHAREST - DEPARTURE
Breakfast at the hotel. Today in time for your flight you will be transferred to Otopeni International Airport.
Meal plan: Breakfast
Accomodation & Tarriffs
|Bucharest||Grand Continental Hotel|
|Total tarrif/person||1490 euro|
- 5 nights’ accommodation at the specified hotels or similar
- Meals specified in the program
- English speaking guide throughout the tour
- All transfers and tours indicated in the outlined itinerary
- Excursions, visits and activities, according to the program
- Entrance tickets for all the mentioned visits
- Passenger welcome kit with map, suggested restaurants, gift and pick-up time
- 24-hours emergency phone numbers
- Visa assistance if required
- Visa costs if visa is required
- Flights or other flight related costs
- Early check-in & late check-out
- Porterage (airport & hotel)
- Other meals, except for the ones specified in the program
- Additional drinks, except the ones indicated in the meal plan
- Tips for guide and driver
- Optional excursions and visits
- Personal Expenses
- Medical insurance
- Other services or expenses, except the ones mentioned in the “included” section (for example: massages, casino, telephone, internet, etc.)
- Remarks about feasibility of tours: most tours can be done also during the winter November- March (may vary in some areas), but some roads may not be accessible in that period due to heavy snow fall.
- Tariffs are subject to changes, especially if heavy fluctuation in exchange rate and/or fuel prices.
- All tours and tariffs are subject to changes in case of cancellations or overbooking of flights, changes in timetable, bad weather and road conditions, strike, , closing of sites, natural disasters such as earthquakes, floods.
- No services have been blocked for this tour. Ground services availability will be checked when we receive your enquiry. The availability will be re- confirmed, when the deposit has been made and received.
- In case of a last minute notification from the hotel, regarding the already confirmed availability, we commit ourselves to replace it with another hotel from the same category, or a superior one.
- For the transportation services, we will use cars, mini vans or buses, adequate to the number of participants.
- The prices are valid for 2018, except legal holidays in Romania, when additional costs may apply.
- We will supply you with all the required company details, including the SWIFT code, in order to safely proceed with the payment.
- Payment will be made in Euros, to the provided bank account.
- In case of payment by credit card, the bank will perceive an extra commission of 1.6%, of the full value of the transaction.
- The payment will be made, as follows:
- For the ground services, an advance payment of 30% of the full value of the package, will be made at the moment of the reservation.
- The other 70% of the full value of the package, will be paid the latest, one month before the beginning of the services and the exact dates for the payment will be set through annexes to the contract.
- For service confirmations received 30 days before they commence, full prepayment will be made at the moment of the confirmation.
- If the client wishes to include also the flights in the present package, the price for the flights, will be paid in full, at the moment of their reservation.
- Airline companies can modify the flight’s schedule or status, according to their internal organization, without any prior notice to the travel agency. Trip Tailor cannot be made liable for any changes in the schedule of the booked flight, which falls completely in the responsibility of the airline company.